Tuesday 24 January 2012

Inspired by my Indian Culture

My Indian culture really inspires me from the lively music, the colorful clothes, the food, the celebrations, the vibrant colors, the peace to the noisy bustling, chaotic city streets which are alive with people. My sister's wedding brought this out even more, I wore a sari which I loved & the wedding day was the inspiration for my Indian art below. 

I started sketching & came up with a few ideas, I simplified the design by taking the background out which also makes it more modern. Some of the sketches were painted using acrylic & others I did digitally. I created this design in different colors as Indians love color. These prints have also been made into greeting cards that can be used for any occasion. 

People tell me they like these Indian inspired designs as they're modern but still have an Indian feel. These designs have also been made into greeting cards. 
All Artwork © SHARONJEET GALSINH 2011
Text Select Disable

1 comment: